Nicholas Wayde Turner
I hid from the world hoping to keep the secrete.
But I didn't know how to do it.
Things were getting out of control.
Spinning and spinning until I no longer knew the truth.
The truth was lost.
I was lost, and I couldn't find me.
I have forgotten who me was after that day of chaos.
I'm trying to find that person I once knew.
But it's getting harder and harder because of the lies that finally built up to the skies.
I have to re build my relationships I wrecked from the ground up.
And I don't know where to start.
So I took it all apart.
I run and run hoping to find my way out, but instead, I see a man that has my face, with a look of disappointment.
I switch directions as fast as I can, but I slip, fall, and hit my head.
Now I'm in some sort of bed.
No one will tell me where I'm at.
They just stare at me with those faces of disappointment. ALL OF THEM!
I didn't realize all the people I hurt.
They warned me, but I didn't listen.
So I'm in a really awkward position.
I don't know where to turn from here.
I miss my friends, I miss my family.
I want it all back, everything that I lack.
So the question I ask myself now is 'how'?
Where do I go from here?
I think I feel another tear.
Nicholas Wayde Turner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost by Nicholas Wayde Turner )
- Gorgeous Girls, Scott J. Shepard
- Your Wet Eyelashes, Eyelids, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Minor Keys, Scott J. Shepard
- My Forgotten Love, Gianni Pansensoy
- Social Reconstruction, Scott J. Shepard
- Rain, Chad Seagraves
- For the Taste, Scott J. Shepard
- Tracings, Scott J. Shepard
- Choosing a Christmas Card for 2011, Frank Avon
- GANDHI RE REMEMBERED...., M.D Dinesh Nair
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)