RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Standing off, facing no one, afraid to spell out the truth, even to best friends - soul-mates.
Taking the easy way out, lying to another's face, being asinine, losing stature in a friend's eyes.
Feelings get hurt and bruised, hearts are broken, tears come unbidden, freely, totally, uncompromisingly.
Filling empty hearts and minds with emotional abandonment.
Unfulfilled promises are piled high inside, a mind keeping track of each and every one, photographically being remembered for an eternity.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Losing Stature by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid