Lord God Make Me Better Not Bitter
Help me Oh Lord to grow stronger and wiser this time,
It has been ten years...I knew better didn't I?
I knew better than to let the guard to my heart down,
And I met a Dragon Slayer Lord God,
He came with bow and arrow,
He came in armor of steel...
He came prepared...
His first hit was the dragons eye....the arrow blinded the creature,
His second hit was the dragons ear...Slaying it's hearing...
Singing sweet words carried on the wind right into my windows daily.
His third hit Lord was You....do you believe in God he spewed at me inspite of his own sin,
His fourth and hardest hit Lord...was my heart....
He slayed the dragon, left me defensless and stole my heart...
He used it as he pleased...at his will...
I was a prisioner of his love and affection
I was awed Father...I came to love everything about him
Even his hissy fits were OK with me....I did not always agree with his reasoning
I loved him more than my ego! I still do...
Why is he so scared? so angry? so bitter?
Has he lost his tongue Father?
Is that why he remains speachless?
He is a shy, nervous type....very sensitive...yet so am I..
Lord I pray you speak to his heart...
Give him courage Oh Lord....make him brave
That he will speak to me and explain
Bless him Father God...Speak to his heart of the knowledge of my love for him
Open the eyes of his heart Lord God that he will see....
Open his ears to hear and listen...that he will know that he knows that he knows of my love to him...
Guide his feet Lord God...that he walks smartly in your steps...
Lord God, it is you who opens doors to freedom and happiness...
It is you who bring joy for the Joy of the Lord is our strength...
Please Lord God...cause him to rise up on wings of an eagle..
To go forth boldy and humbly towards his dream.
Bless every area of his life Father....
I know Lord God...if it is your will....for us to be together, nothing
Nothing in heaven or hell will stop it...
Lord God, Your will be done I pray.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lord God Make Me Better Not Bitter by Cambridge Keenan )
- The fingers which bath the children!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The shirt which we did not buy, Palas Kumar Ray
- Grief (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- At Dannemora Prison, Richard Provencher
- INNOCENT PRISIONER, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Watchman, Pijush Biswas
- Veni, Vidi, Vici. Okay?, Dylan Attard
- We are merely onlookers anytime, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We are merely onlookers, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Time is Change, Taqueia Brown
Poem of the Day
- First Lesson, Philip Booth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)