Lord God Make Me Better Not Bitter
Help me Oh Lord to grow stronger and wiser this time,
It has been ten years...I knew better didn't I?
I knew better than to let the guard to my heart down,
And I met a Dragon Slayer Lord God,
He came with bow and arrow,
He came in armor of steel...
He came prepared...
His first hit was the dragons eye....the arrow blinded the creature,
His second hit was the dragons ear...Slaying it's hearing...
Singing sweet words carried on the wind right into my windows daily.
His third hit Lord was You....do you believe in God he spewed at me inspite of his own sin,
His fourth and hardest hit Lord...was my heart....
He slayed the dragon, left me defensless and stole my heart...
He used it as he pleased...at his will...
I was a prisioner of his love and affection
I was awed Father...I came to love everything about him
Even his hissy fits were OK with me....I did not always agree with his reasoning
I loved him more than my ego! I still do...
Why is he so scared? so angry? so bitter?
Has he lost his tongue Father?
Is that why he remains speachless?
He is a shy, nervous type....very sensitive...yet so am I..
Lord I pray you speak to his heart...
Give him courage Oh Lord....make him brave
That he will speak to me and explain
Bless him Father God...Speak to his heart of the knowledge of my love for him
Open the eyes of his heart Lord God that he will see....
Open his ears to hear and listen...that he will know that he knows that he knows of my love to him...
Guide his feet Lord God...that he walks smartly in your steps...
Lord God, it is you who opens doors to freedom and happiness...
It is you who bring joy for the Joy of the Lord is our strength...
Please Lord God...cause him to rise up on wings of an eagle..
To go forth boldy and humbly towards his dream.
Bless every area of his life Father....
I know Lord God...if it is your will....for us to be together, nothing
Nothing in heaven or hell will stop it...
Lord God, Your will be done I pray.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lord God Make Me Better Not Bitter by Cambridge Keenan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- WATER MUSIC, I. _ ['Musiche sull'Acqua'.., Fabrizio Frosini
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- My other half, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bird's View - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak