loose change anyone
Now we must be careful and pause not make
Nelson Mandela into a Jesus figure. He was
a warrior and peace maker, prison made him
malleable he didn´t upset our capitalist system;
we are free to sanctify him.
A magician who could read two sides of a coin
before it hit the ground. How the high and mighty
loved him he was not a threat to them, he smiled
and laughed like he remembered a joke.
I hope he kept a diary so we can get a glimpse of
what he really thought of these corrupt idiots who
throng his grave side and speak with fork tongues;
o yes, they are very good at pretending; tears of
born actors fall easily.
oskar hansen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (loose change anyone by oskar hansen )
- Musings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TRUST, maharshi trivedi
- Alone in December, James Anthony Creamer
- Mind Albums, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Nerd's Way of Thinking, James Anthony Creamer
- Need, Akhtar Jawad
- A Poem for You, James Anthony Creamer
- My Nephews, James Anthony Creamer
- Alone in January, James Anthony Creamer
- Taking Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)