Alan Bruce Thompson
Looking Through The Mirror
'My God how the Jones's have aged',
said Mrs. to Mr. Smith, both a little dazed.
'My God how the Smith's have gotten older',
said Mr. to Mrs. Jones, trying to be a little bolder.
'But we're all the same age honey, how do I look to you? '
'Just fine honey, but then you always do'.
'I see you everyday, honey and you don't look one day older'.
'We haven't seen them for five years honey, they're both quite a lot colder.'
'Well I see myself everyday too honey, reflected in the mirror,
and behind that aging face are still the younger eyes of a hero.'
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking Through The Mirror by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- GOD'S COMMAND, Tom Zart