Looking Down On Me
I'm looking down on everyone
Why am I up so high?
I cannot go down lower
No matter how hard I try
Why am I seeing that small crowd?
Around a bundle on the ground
Apart from someone crying
They're not making a single sound
I now can hear a siren
And see a flashing light as well
It looks like a police car
As far as I can tell
What is it doing here?
Has an incident occurred?
Has there been a murder?
No, that idea is absurd
The crowd are now dispersing
And a body I can see
I look on in such horror
The body there is me
I'm not dead, I cry out
But no one can hear me scream
Please let me be in my own bed
And wake from this bad dream
And wake up in my bed I do
With the sheets soaked in my sweat
And relieved that it not my time
To meet my maker yet.
Philip Carter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking Down On Me by Philip Carter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma