For a season
Temptation to act without any endurance
Kicking against the fruit of longsuffering
What's the use of a word so or that long?
I could be done and finished.
Why wait so long?
Stamina is required before you try it.
Do you know the assignments full length?
Learn it in the classroom of longsuffering.
A class finished is a class not needed.
Go prematurely regret not completing it.
Gain it now.
Go now, try now without.
Many tried, never to recover.
Those are they without the necessary fruit.
Get this root of a truth.
Get it and become unmoveable.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longsuffering by Timothy Branch )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Walk, Rainer Maria Rilke
- Roses Are Red Violets Are Blue, Jennifer Alejandra
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock