Some enjoy a Goya
They could stare one down all day
Some find Rembrandt transcendent
Some put stock in Klee
Or happily ogle Turners
(though I find him a little vague)
Or one of a dozen 'Van-ders'
In the Kunst Halls of the Hague.
Some find Friedrich fetching
Or tilt for Tiepolo
Others still more bi-ching
Some see nothing to pardon
In many of Chardin's things
And a trip to Monet's garden
Lends many viewers wings.
Some claim Bosch is best
Or Breughel, be it young or old
Many for Klimmt will stimmt
While others find him cold.
But I really like Longhi
And I more or less confess
I really do like Longhi
For me, Longhi's best.
Maybe he's not the greatest
Painter, of all times
But I really, really like him
Longhi rings my chimes.
Maybe you cream for El Greco
Or poor, insane Van Gogh
Or one of those French guys, maybe,
From the oh, so Rococo.
Or maybe a fete gallante
From a palette of Watteau
Or maybe it's Durer you prefer
Or some such English fellow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longhi by Morgan Michaels )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Insanity, Michael P. McParland
- Invisible, Michael P. McParland
- A Journey in a Winter Morning, Kumarmani Mahakul
- The Uninvited Guests, Tony Adah
- I Am Not Evil, Michael P. McParland
- Great Black Spectre, Michael P. McParland
- I can not substitute the present for the.., cristobal Benjumea
- I am not responsible for the passed, cristobal Benjumea
- I'm So Sorry, Michael P. McParland
- Avoiding, Michael P. McParland