Some enjoy a Goya
They could stare one down all day
Some find Rembrandt transcendent
Some put stock in Klee
Or happily ogle Turners
(though I find him a little vague)
Or one of a dozen 'Van-ders'
In the Kunst Halls of the Hague.
Some find Friedrich fetching
Or tilt for Tiepolo
Others still more bi-ching
Some see nothing to pardon
In many of Chardin's things
And a trip to Monet's garden
Lends many viewers wings.
Some claim Bosch is best
Or Breughel, be it young or old
Many for Klimmt will stimmt
While others find him cold.
But I really like Longhi
And I more or less confess
I really do like Longhi
For me, Longhi's best.
Maybe he's not the greatest
Painter, of all times
But I really, really like him
Longhi rings my chimes.
Maybe you cream for El Greco
Or poor, insane Van Gogh
Or one of those French guys, maybe,
From the oh, so Rococo.
Or maybe a fete gallante
From a palette of Watteau
Or maybe it's Durer you prefer
Or some such English fellow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longhi by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Time - I know not, gajanan mishra
- Poetry is For Lovers, Cheryl Griffith
- The Darkest Side - Darkpalm21, Mark Clement Joseph S. Ferre ..
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -30, Ronjoy Brahma
- this is for you, dipstick, Mandolyn Davidson
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -29, Ronjoy Brahma
- Solitary, Claude H Oliver II
- Resolution?, Claude H Oliver II
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -28, Ronjoy Brahma
- can someone pass the pistol?, Mandolyn Davidson