Some enjoy a Goya
They could stare one down all day
Some find Rembrandt transcendent
Some put stock in Klee
Or happily ogle Turners
(though I find him a little vague)
Or one of a dozen 'Van-ders'
In the Kunst Halls of the Hague.
Some find Friedrich fetching
Or tilt for Tiepolo
Others still more bi-ching
Some see nothing to pardon
In many of Chardin's things
And a trip to Monet's garden
Lends many viewers wings.
Some claim Bosch is best
Or Breughel, be it young or old
Many for Klimmt will stimmt
While others find him cold.
But I really like Longhi
And I more or less confess
I really do like Longhi
For me, Longhi's best.
Maybe he's not the greatest
Painter, of all times
But I really, really like him
Longhi rings my chimes.
Maybe you cream for El Greco
Or poor, insane Van Gogh
Or one of those French guys, maybe,
From the oh, so Rococo.
Or maybe a fete gallante
From a palette of Watteau
Or maybe it's Durer you prefer
Or some such English fellow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longhi by Morgan Michaels )
- Only if..., Ntando.B Da poet
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns