Mine is a lonely heart
And what does it crave?
A company it is yet to find
For how long can it wait?
A day? A year or a decade?
What has become of my soul?
Starved, malnourished or disowned?
So lean, so weak so pale
And what feed does it take?
Why am I so clueless?
Yet I grieve in my silence
Abdulrasheed Dawodu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely Heart by Abdulrasheed Dawodu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Real Subject [Whir], Keith Waldrop
- The Luxury of Hesitation [excerpt from T.., Keith Waldrop
- Midnight Pain, Rites Ghosh
- Sea Oats Wavering, Kyle Schlicher
- Tuning, Keith Waldrop
- The Balustrade, Keith Waldrop
- Soft Hail, Keith Waldrop
- Poet, Keith Waldrop
- Hidden, Keith Waldrop
- OUR CURRENT SITUATION, MOHAMMAD SKATI