Where have you gone?
I saw you once by the river
Whispering rhymes to me
These days the rhymes dont come
I go down to the river but you are not there
I am not there
Am i going on?
I always tend to say to much
Or too little
Have i lost you again?
I think the drugs have taken there toll
Am i the undead,
My lonely friend?
I hope not
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely friend by Joe Brown )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Television, Roald Dahl
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)