RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Lone Candle Flame
Mourning stars poking my interior mind,
filling it with tears of grief.
Causing a sadness so deep, life cannot
contain it within it's meager grasp.
Holding on, being guided by a lone candle
flame, lighting the way towards hope.
Bringing faith closer, yet not altogether
close enough to be used in prayer.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lone Candle Flame by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Song of Myself, LII, Walt Whitman
- Bharatheeyakavitha-3, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Childhood is the Kingdom Where Nobody Dies, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Gone From My Sight, Henry Van Dyke
- When I Die, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A LONG NIGHT, Satish Verma
- Ideals And Ethical Dreams, Margaret Alice Second
- Inner Peace, Leong Ming Loong
- God! ! man, SALINI NAIR
- ABSENCE OF LOVE, Ali Faisal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)