Living the Dream
It was just yesterday
I used to dream about tomorrow.
Now the past seems so far away,
Now transformed, streamlining a Camaro.
People could never gaze my horizon,
Now look at me, staring at the endless sky.
Living the serene riches of the Amazon,
I’m the glowing in life, like a florescent dye.
No, No, no one can wipe the smile
Now their dreams live upon this face.
The doubts, certainly my happiness is fertile,
Like the Earth and stars I spin interstellar space.
Paradise created, textured by my own brush,
Material is not what I live, it’s something beyond yourself.
I breathe golden moments, as the sunsets, oh what a rush!
Dreams do come true; when lost, it’s nice to find oneself
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living the Dream by Jay Aguiniga )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh