Lawrence S. Pertillar
Living Not To Limit
More to life is realized,
By those living not to limit...
With gimmicks to confuse.
And behind fences to use to restrict,
Those opportunities that come along...
To benefit the ones recognizing,
When to take them quick and run.
Some believe it is never too late,
To make dates as they procrastinate...
With a making it okay to hesitate and wait,
For a life to appreciate...
While salivating each day of it.
And others expect someone else will bake a cake,
With a frosting of it then to offer them...
The first slice of it to taste.
Many bake a cake to satisfy their own taste.
And not a crumb of it is left for anyone,
To sniff, wish or think it a gift.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Not To Limit by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The Land, Marites C. Cayetano
- Touch and claim, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet: The Awesome Creator, Dr John Celes
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman