Lawrence S. Pertillar
Living Not To Limit
More to life is realized,
By those living not to limit...
With gimmicks to confuse.
And behind fences to use to restrict,
Those opportunities that come along...
To benefit the ones recognizing,
When to take them quick and run.
Some believe it is never too late,
To make dates as they procrastinate...
With a making it okay to hesitate and wait,
For a life to appreciate...
While salivating each day of it.
And others expect someone else will bake a cake,
With a frosting of it then to offer them...
The first slice of it to taste.
Many bake a cake to satisfy their own taste.
And not a crumb of it is left for anyone,
To sniff, wish or think it a gift.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Not To Limit by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Thief and poet, gajanan mishra
- Go on, Sweet Bird, and Soothe my Care, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to J. Lapraik, Robert Burns
- The Soldier's Return: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Epistle to Hugh Parker, Robert Burns
- Everlasting, Cee Bea
- Oh Daisy, Prophmatt . . .
- Versified Reply to an Invitation, Robert Burns
- Suppressed Stanzas of "The Vision&q.., Robert Burns
- mask, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Bright Star, John Keats
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)