Little King of Sorrows
For a year I experinced heaven on Earth,
Now my life is a living hell,
On the wishing star I use to gaze,
But from my sight that star has fell.
A hollow chest from which i breathe,
My every painful breath,
dead memories that clog my heart,
till I'm begging for my death.
Each day the sun awakes my soul,
but yet I see no light,
my world so dark and cold right now,
too weak and old to fight.
My ravished body full of scars,
shattered dreams that pierce my skin,
feeling like a thousand knifes,
protruding from within.
No Angel here to help me,
I'm feeling so alone,
The fire raging all around me,
Till there's nothing left but bone
What life is this I now call mine,
my mirror friend is gone,
replaced by an evil laughing clown,
that says to grab a gun
End it all you stupid man,
I knew you wouldn't last,
You pathetic useless piece of shit,
Your living in the past.
All my love hath turned to hate,
all smiles have disappeared,
all burning love I use to have,
now just leaves me seared.
Death I hear you calling now,
I'm not too far away,
So close that I can taste you,
but today is not the day.
For I have made this prison,
And i can tear it down,
I have jumped off overboard,
but i refuse to drown.
I will do this on my own,
the past was just a phase,
I hold firm my faith in God,
that i will find some better days.
So demons bring your very best,
I have only begun to fight,
You may give me hell on Earth,
But I will make it through the night.
Another day, another war,
Another pretty face,
Another birth, another death,
Another Amazing Grace.
Another wound upon my heart,
That almost bled me dry,
But somewhere within I mend it shut,
It's not my day to die! ! ! ! !
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
by: Little King of Sorrows
Comments about this poem (Living Hell by Little King of Sorrows )
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
- I have forgotten who I am, gajanan mishra
- Love is a liquid ~~~ vs.56, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- HE IS A MAN, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns