Living a Lie
I cry sometimes
when I'm lying in bed.
I bring out the letters you dropped
during your stay.
I do not know why I read them
if I already know them
I've spent half of my life believing
you were my best friend &
we would be friends forever
even after we die.
I had had dreams
of our juxtaposition headstones reading
'Best friends forever'
All of those dreams
after opening the first letter -
these letters dedicated
to your other friend
with whom you had shared
many more memories with.
And now I recall the bracelet
with 'Juli' inscribed neatly.
It's just some bracelet I found you said.
But I knew you were fibbing
because of your delayed reply.
I broke down into tears &
could not read any longer.
I screamed & raged
& cursed at the stars.
I had been living a lie all this time.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living a Lie by Unintelligible Susurration )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(18 July 1933)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
Poem of the Day
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal