Livin' For A 'Someday'
Someday we'll make it
someday we'll be famous
I just want someone to hold me
I just want not to be lonely
the wind can never tame us
we'll always be free
livin' for a 'someday.'
Looking towards the East
how long will Georgia wait
before it stops loving me
before the river breaks?
Stuck in a time where there's nowhere to run
dying alone, wishing for someone
that might never be
waiting for a 'someday.'
Someday we'll make it, baby
someday we'll take it to the top
we're not afraid of this world, baby
we're afraid of giving up
and so we just hang on
sinking in the flood
of dreams and possibilities
stretching far away
into a 'someday.'
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Livin' For A 'Someday' by Kelly Zion )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)