Last night I dreamed and remembered,
all the things that make me love you each day.
Today I went to the favorite place,
looked to the endless sky and stay.
Rain drops started to fall, and time cease,
and slowly I whispered my little wish...
I wished you knew, that your smile captivated me,
That without warning you took my heart,
And with that simple look, you change something in me.
I wished you knew that I can not stop thinking, I am in love.
I wished you knew that you turned on the lights and filled me with faith.
I wished you knew that so long I looked for you, and at last I found you.
I wished you knew that perfection does not exist, that the things we did, made us but did not hold us, we move on somehow. That when you put down your head and looked away, missing my eyes, hurts more than your words.
I wished you knew, that my hand is my heart, that my words are my feelings and when my eyes look at you, it is my soul wanting to hug you and tell you I am there for you.
I wished you knew you are so beautiful, that is not the only reason why I love you.
I wished you knew that tomorrow is not yesterday that although you may think that your words will hurt me, that your actions will hunt me, it is the same for me, as when I talked about my past with you.
Finally my love
I wish I could be the one for whom you stay awake at night and become desperate
I wish I could be a tear, the one coming from the deepest place of your heart,
I wish I could be the one for whom you wake up excited
I wish you could be forever in love with me,
But above all my love, I wish you can always get all the happiness you deserve.
Sergio Jaime's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little wish by Sergio Jaime )
- Tomar Hansi Tomar Kanna, ramesh rai
- But peace, hasmukh amathalal
- Rah! rRah! Siss-boom-bah!, Frank Avon
- Same enthusiasm, hasmukh amathalal
- NOT / Heart-related, Alan Hickman
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
- One glass one heart, Abdullah alHemaidy
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Heather Burns