Last night I dreamed and remembered,
all the things that make me love you each day.
Today I went to the favorite place,
looked to the endless sky and stay.
Rain drops started to fall, and time cease,
and slowly I whispered my little wish...
I wished you knew, that your smile captivated me,
That without warning you took my heart,
And with that simple look, you change something in me.
I wished you knew that I can not stop thinking, I am in love.
I wished you knew that you turned on the lights and filled me with faith.
I wished you knew that so long I looked for you, and at last I found you.
I wished you knew that perfection does not exist, that the things we did, made us but did not hold us, we move on somehow. That when you put down your head and looked away, missing my eyes, hurts more than your words.
I wished you knew, that my hand is my heart, that my words are my feelings and when my eyes look at you, it is my soul wanting to hug you and tell you I am there for you.
I wished you knew you are so beautiful, that is not the only reason why I love you.
I wished you knew that tomorrow is not yesterday that although you may think that your words will hurt me, that your actions will hunt me, it is the same for me, as when I talked about my past with you.
Finally my love
I wish I could be the one for whom you stay awake at night and become desperate
I wish I could be a tear, the one coming from the deepest place of your heart,
I wish I could be the one for whom you wake up excited
I wish you could be forever in love with me,
But above all my love, I wish you can always get all the happiness you deserve.
Sergio Jaime's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little wish by Sergio Jaime )
- In My Head, Foster Teegarden
- Love is Splattered Everywhere!, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Deep Water, The Princess
- All Things Nice, Tania Montgomery
- Love is a Sad and Sorry Chameleon, Hebert Logerie
- Love Thru Poetic Passion, Sandra Feldman
- The Ocean's Gates, Brandt Nightingale
- Tribute to the King, Tania Montgomery
- Abyss, Donald R Charon
- Ode to the Busker, Tania Montgomery
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A New Day, Electric Lady
- Evening Star, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Ralph Waldo Emerson
(1803 - 1882)
- Heather Burns