As it was nicknamed
By Byron himself
Who was not ashamed
To speak his very mind
About this place so true,
And tell us what he thought
About this valley too
Giddy Edge is there,
As is High Tor too.
The Heights of Abraham as well;
The Derwent River blue.
I invite you to go there,
And enjoy yourself a lot.
You'll wish you could take the scenery
Home in a handy box.
I've been to Padley Gorge,
And Capilano too.
But none of that compares
With that place so true.
I'm not ashamed to say it:
I love that place a lot;
I want to go and live there
In the area around Matlock.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Switzerland by Andrew Hamm )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Inwards Bound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- My Bangle, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Lungi Dance, You Have No Dance Item .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Imagine., Leonard Champlin
- Insomiacs, Payal Priya
- Empty Soul, George Egba
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones