As it was nicknamed
By Byron himself
Who was not ashamed
To speak his very mind
About this place so true,
And tell us what he thought
About this valley too
Giddy Edge is there,
As is High Tor too.
The Heights of Abraham as well;
The Derwent River blue.
I invite you to go there,
And enjoy yourself a lot.
You'll wish you could take the scenery
Home in a handy box.
I've been to Padley Gorge,
And Capilano too.
But none of that compares
With that place so true.
I'm not ashamed to say it:
I love that place a lot;
I want to go and live there
In the area around Matlock.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Switzerland by Andrew Hamm )
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira
- I AM WOMAN, bill costley
- Experiment life, gajanan mishra
- Socialism - Vs - Anti -socialism, ramesh rai