As it was nicknamed
By Byron himself
Who was not ashamed
To speak his very mind
About this place so true,
And tell us what he thought
About this valley too
Giddy Edge is there,
As is High Tor too.
The Heights of Abraham as well;
The Derwent River blue.
I invite you to go there,
And enjoy yourself a lot.
You'll wish you could take the scenery
Home in a handy box.
I've been to Padley Gorge,
And Capilano too.
But none of that compares
With that place so true.
I'm not ashamed to say it:
I love that place a lot;
I want to go and live there
In the area around Matlock.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Switzerland by Andrew Hamm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna