Little Dill Pickles.... [Food; Nature; Imagination; Personal]
I just grabbed a long-handled spoon.....
to scoop little pickles from a jar.
While looking at them swimming in jar's brine,
I had a thought I thought was bizarre.
Once in Georgia at a big swamp's edge,
an alligator in a ditch I taunted.
Tonight those pickles WERE alligators..... I pledge!
Well NOT really, but there was resemblance.
I imagined looking down at a pool of ‘gators,
with no heads, nor legs, nor tips of tail.
[as penguins resemble tuxedoed-waiters]
My imagination as yet does not fail !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
yes, i confess to shaking a leafy branch in the face of a medium-sized 'gator near Okeefenokee Swamp (spelling? ?) when visiting there with my brother Terry (1970s) . neither the 'gator nor i were injured; at least not physically. he/she may have been damaged psychologically.
Comments about this poem (Little Dill Pickles.... [Food; Nature; Imagination; Personal] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal
- The Communists Recognize Only The Two, C.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I AM, hasmukh amathalal
- Tales Of A Wife: Yes I Do, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- television, smriti chhibber
- Grass, smriti chhibber
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -70, Ronjoy Brahma