Lithe Dame's Birthday Toast - Terri Turrell
The birthday here, toast Terri's heart strings true!
E'er in verse fit free style we'd list, real kind
None threads skain enchanting, seam none unwind,
Deed rare, for heed, dig deep dear, here dream's due.
A dame lithe may read, treasure marriage cue.
Now parts hid new I name, rich link is neat designed
In zeal is laid, chained. This, a nodal find,
Covert, is meshed, scored, gist tight tucked into
Each true hope aired, shared here, tunes sung for two.
His pen rules. Read. Heaven's clear art has signed.
Eye, dear fair, he spell'd glamour. Here entwined,
Annulled dread, as announced, fear, alarms, through.
Reward: lines near revealing winner right,
To show life's doubts dissolve, idyll true, bright.
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Tend a nice heart 3 times vertical
His hand her hand twice vertical
Terri L Turrell twice vertical
Tender is her heart 4 times diagonal
(8 March 2010)
Comments about this poem (Lithe Dame's Birthday Toast - Terri Turrell by Jonathan ROBIN )
- Of the Depression, Javed Latoo
- Blue Eyes, Ronald Chapman
- A Tiny Plant, Manira Khan
- Pure femininity, Erato
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)