Walking along the river bank
In the breeze, listening
to the wind in the trees,
Singing there song through
The rustling in the leaves,
Losing oneself and feeling at peace.
The sounds start coming
From the birds, the bees
The cicadas and the distant barking dogs.
To feel the sun shinning,
See a myriad insects at work
And feel the earth underfoot.
Just watching, feeling and above all
Listening with attention, not focused,
With all thought silenced in that moment.
Try it. See what happens.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listening by Maryanne Richards )
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Wings Of Life, Saravanan Writer
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid