I stand in a pond of liquid glass
And the waves pound harder each time
Eventually my heart will go out
Trapped, under fallen skies
And in my pond of liquid glass
I can see straight to the bottom
Underneath, where reprieve hardly shows
Where breath doesn't go
If I jump in, will I reach the bottom?
Will I find what I'm looking for?
I can't breath in this polluted air
It's cloying and I'm suffocating
The pressure's rising
How long will I hold on?
In my pond of liquid glass
The sun still shines through
I can see the white clouds
I can see the sky
All the while
Farther away they fade
Eventually I'll open my eyes
Eventually I'll breath
But for now I'll go the wrong direction
Still looking for my reprieve
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Liquid Glass by Autumn Winds )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...