I stand in a pond of liquid glass
And the waves pound harder each time
Eventually my heart will go out
Trapped, under fallen skies
And in my pond of liquid glass
I can see straight to the bottom
Underneath, where reprieve hardly shows
Where breath doesn't go
If I jump in, will I reach the bottom?
Will I find what I'm looking for?
I can't breath in this polluted air
It's cloying and I'm suffocating
The pressure's rising
How long will I hold on?
In my pond of liquid glass
The sun still shines through
I can see the white clouds
I can see the sky
All the while
Farther away they fade
Eventually I'll open my eyes
Eventually I'll breath
But for now I'll go the wrong direction
Still looking for my reprieve
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Liquid Glass by Autumn Winds )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 July 1849 – 19 November 1887)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(November 9 - 1937)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Let Me Die A Youngman's Death, Roger McGough
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Bologna: A Poem About Gold, James Arlington Wright
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- A Life-Lesson, Luo Zhihai
- The Sunprincess, Akhtar Jawad
- Movement incidental, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Before Storm, Luo Zhihai
- Fate rules the outcome., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Cheap labor, Nassy Fesharaki
- Feed the ego, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.