Lawrence S. Pertillar
Lips To Kiss After Breakfast
Wanted most from you is the touching.
With a holding me and close.
Sincere and near to me as if to feed a craving,
Need like fresh jam or homemade jelly...
Spread on a warm piece of buttered toast.
On my mind fixed to sit as if scrambled eggs,
Cooked and placed beside crisp and tasty bacon.
And your lips so tender I wish to quickly kiss,
After the crumbs from them you lick.'
To lick lips after breakfast is love.
Would you like two or three sugars in your coffee? '
I'll take the coffee.
But there are times I do prefer tea.
'Let's do the tea.
It makes the lips to kiss after breakfast,
More inviting for the tongue.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lips To Kiss After Breakfast by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Unlocking Doors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Without Shame, Gamier Dalet Mwaikoma
- Water's Tears, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- The Man With Fire In His Eyes, Kazuko Shiraishi
- Thursday, Frank Avon
- Uluru, Kazuko Shiraishi
- The Neverending Story, Elimar Pingkian
- Yellow Lake, Kazuko Shiraishi
- IF only I were A Dove!, FOEVERAMI JOHNSON
- Gust, Kazuko Shiraishi
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Snake, Theodore Roethke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)