Lawrence S. Pertillar
Lips To Kiss After Breakfast
Wanted most from you is the touching.
With a holding me and close.
Sincere and near to me as if to feed a craving,
Need like fresh jam or homemade jelly...
Spread on a warm piece of buttered toast.
On my mind fixed to sit as if scrambled eggs,
Cooked and placed beside crisp and tasty bacon.
And your lips so tender I wish to quickly kiss,
After the crumbs from them you lick.'
To lick lips after breakfast is love.
Would you like two or three sugars in your coffee? '
I'll take the coffee.
But there are times I do prefer tea.
'Let's do the tea.
It makes the lips to kiss after breakfast,
More inviting for the tongue.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lips To Kiss After Breakfast by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Bull Hawking
Emily Jane Brontë
(30 July 1818 – 19 December 1848)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- The Innkeeper’s Wife, Clive Sansom
- ALWAYS ON MY MIND, Stanley Oguh
- Wicketkeepers, Quir Diing Jr.
- u want? Watch 'Divergent' Free Online St.., ada ajakaunak
- Le Déluge, Alfred de Vigny
Poem of the Day
- The Miraculous Escape of Robert Allan, t.., Max Plowman
- The Battle of Sheriffmuir, Max Plowman
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL