Lawrence S. Pertillar
Lips To Kiss After Breakfast
Wanted most from you is the touching.
With a holding me and close.
Sincere and near to me as if to feed a craving,
Need like fresh jam or homemade jelly...
Spread on a warm piece of buttered toast.
On my mind fixed to sit as if scrambled eggs,
Cooked and placed beside crisp and tasty bacon.
And your lips so tender I wish to quickly kiss,
After the crumbs from them you lick.'
To lick lips after breakfast is love.
Would you like two or three sugars in your coffee? '
I'll take the coffee.
But there are times I do prefer tea.
'Let's do the tea.
It makes the lips to kiss after breakfast,
More inviting for the tongue.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lips To Kiss After Breakfast by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Iceberg, Lisa Williams
- Covered With Half Of Jerusalem, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Third Silence, Abraham Sutzkever
- Torch, Lisa Williams
- Desert Sun, Abraham Sutzkever
- With Nostrils Of Dogs, Abraham Sutzkever
- 'Befriended', Wolfie Scott
- Morning After A Night In Jaffa, Abraham Sutzkever
- Caged, Michael McParland
- Buckeye Fever Sweeping Terror Over Thier.., Michael McParland