Limericks..... [Duh! ..... Limericks; 8 Assorted]
Little babies are a joy to look at.
Lots of babies on my lap have sat.
Like God-sent bundles of joy.
Lots more fun than a toy.
Licensed daycare is where I work at.
Imagine if suddenly there were no clothes.
It’d take getting used to for me I suppose.
It’d be a surprise.
I might avert my eyes.
I think I’d blush right down to MY toes.
Many mistakes by Mankind are made.
Many despite well-thought plans that were laid.
More reason to insure.
More reason to find cure.
Mistakes can end in high price being paid.
Everyone in the world has SOME faults.
Even safecrackers can’t blow ALL vaults.
Ever try and fail?
Enough for you to wail?
Erase disappointment; use pie and choc'late malts!
Remember when, as a kid, you just had fun?
Rolling, running, rollicking in the sun?
Riding bike all day?
Rolling in the hay?
Regrets you knew? Had a few? OK! NO-ONE HAD NONE! !
Idyllic lives, by humans, are seldom led.
Incorrect choices are made and tears are shed.
Incline yourself to accept.
In moments have YOU wept?
If not in public, perhaps some tears in bed?
Cute young ladies often visit me for sport.
Countless hours together we do cavort.
Come with me for fun.
Cool me off when done.
Cash I give which to IRS I don’t report.
King Big Head on Poemhunter did boast:
“Knives can not cut Me, nor can fire roast.
Keep your faith in only Me.
Kneel before My Majesty.
Kneel before Me! I’m High Pie, to your Low Toast! ! ”
Poet Other Poems
- (Knotty) Conundrum; Naughty Condom (Or...
- (Marriage) Equality..... [see the tit...
- (Money) Laundering...... [White collar?...
- [Humor] Speak To Me, Moon..... [Speaking...
- [Humor]..... Not Sharing MY Food With Th...
- [Jake's] Christmas Eve.....[Exploration;...
- [War] Boy In An Envelope..... [War (Vi...
- 100th Birthday [Missed By 'Mom'] .........
- 123.... Shabu.....[Mystery language fun;...
- 1AAA..... 'Wrong Verification Code'....[...
- 2013..... Happy New Year! ..... [Serious...
- 5 'Religious' Limericks.... [some 2006 t...
- 5th Wedding Anniversary...... [nicknames...
- '6 Foot 3'......[LONG; Scary; Gross; Mur...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
an experienced speaker might make them shine more than they shine for me.
#3 and #6 are, maybe, too serious for limericks. oh well. #7 is 'bawdy'....the kind of limericks i remember hearing when my testosterone was still forming. ['There was a young man from Nantucket..'] ha ha. even if the body ain't too willing, the mind can still be active!