Limerick: Then This Wily Woman From Franco's Spain - 4
Then this Wily Woman from Franco’s Spain
Married a divorcee and put Church in chain
There, she said: « Me? Married! »
Here, she said: « Me? Curried! »
Free-Maisons dubbed her: Saint Marianne* Brain!
* Marianne: symbol of the French Republic
Poet Other Poems
- A bare afternoon
- A Childhood Memory, Translation Of Carlo...
- A Chinese Girl I Took To A Nunnery
- A cure for forty death-dealing cells
- A French Narrative Poem, Translation Of ...
- A New View, Translation Of Carlos Bouson...
- A Partisan Heart, Translation of Carlos ...
- A reluctant Sayonara
- Akbar, the Great (1542 - 1605)
- Am I the Assassin Or The Undertaker
- Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos ...
- Autumnal Dirge, Transl. Of Chanson D'aut...
- Back Door Side Door Front Door: Which Do...
- Ballad: Just Another Odd Guy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.