Like The Seasons
Like the seasons we will change.
There can be no doubting this.
And although we attempt to fight
We fail to ignore the shift.
From the day we are born
We are destined to develop.
In the shadows of our parents
In this 'love' we are enveloped.
And as the spring ends,
Our summer comes along.
Where all of our problems begin
And we become mentally strong.
The days begin to cool
As we move into fall.
Our adulthood begins
And we answer life's many calls.
And then we shift to the winter
The cold, endless nights.
Where we end our chapter,
And pave the way for a new life.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like The Seasons by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Difference, hasmukh amathalal
- Own earth own life, gajanan mishra
- My Girl, Dasia Deas
- Silent Messages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the old man is bitten, RIC S. BASTASA
- ....and then an empty morning sky, RIC S. BASTASA
- Magnitude Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- At present, hasmukh amathalal
- and then the night swallows her includin.., RIC S. BASTASA
- Cupid Pari, binod bastola