Like an old friend
Spring Returns like and old friend
Home from war.
He carries on the same as ever
only he is colder and cries more often.
Home from the war
But hardly finished
Never finished so long as there is life to grow
and cycle wars will be fought.
Summer has returned like that old traveling salesman.
Traveling east to west
No clouds float around his head
Hazy day dream
He has a bad back and charred perspective and shivers in autumnal dread
and by winter he'll be buried in his steel coffin.
jerome moore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like an old friend by jerome moore )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Family, Wullien Thang
- In The Deep Shade Of Luscious Cherry Lan.., mary douglas
- To Inscribe A New Poem, Ali Faisal
- In The Looking Glass, It Began To Snow, mary douglas
- Anchor Your Stained Glass Shadows In The.., mary douglas
- Over a bug;, george albot
- On Her Wintry Planet, At The Close Of Day, mary douglas
- Losing The Blue Madonna To The Skies, mary douglas
- WHO IS THIS BEAST YOUR RIDING >>&g.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Incredible Pink Playhouse, mary douglas