In my honors english class each student was asked to write a ghazal. This is my ghazal. Please comment it and tell me what you think of it.
The weight our hearts bare, is all but light.
Our secrets need to be brought to light.
Prisoners cry in their cells.
They beg to see the day’s light.
Children in their pitch black rooms
seek to find glimpses of light.
The man who’s poor heart no longer beats
Walks his lonely soul into the light.
Give me courage and grant me the power
to bring my skeletons into the light.
Something Special's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Light by Something Special )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth