In my honors english class each student was asked to write a ghazal. This is my ghazal. Please comment it and tell me what you think of it.
The weight our hearts bare, is all but light.
Our secrets need to be brought to light.
Prisoners cry in their cells.
They beg to see the day’s light.
Children in their pitch black rooms
seek to find glimpses of light.
The man who’s poor heart no longer beats
Walks his lonely soul into the light.
Give me courage and grant me the power
to bring my skeletons into the light.
Something Special's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Light by Something Special )
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra