In my honors english class each student was asked to write a ghazal. This is my ghazal. Please comment it and tell me what you think of it.
The weight our hearts bare, is all but light.
Our secrets need to be brought to light.
Prisoners cry in their cells.
They beg to see the day’s light.
Children in their pitch black rooms
seek to find glimpses of light.
The man who’s poor heart no longer beats
Walks his lonely soul into the light.
Give me courage and grant me the power
to bring my skeletons into the light.
Something Special's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Light by Something Special )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- To Join You, Edward Kofi Louis
- The real wasteland, Peter Hall
- Known In This Town, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Veil, Peter Hall
- You Made Me A Fool, Edward Kofi Louis
- Only aim, gajanan mishra
- The Wheelchair Butterfly, James Tate
- Crickets, Jayatissa Liyanage
- I can feel your love, Jesus James Llorico
- Grabbing The Winds, Edward Kofi Louis