What is life?
When I die will the love still linger in my soul?
Or will the memories of it drift, like an old portrait in an art museum.
The glamour once shinny in the eyes of the photographer, but now just faded in ours.
Will it become just another past moment long forgotten, caught in a priceless still.....?
Is our moment just a now...? only remembered by the ones who coexisted in our world of space.
Do we live to make our mark in life....? So we will be remembered, like how a river cuts through a canyon,
over the cliffs it has molded lies beyond what we don't know.
Is there a light at the end of the horizon?
Or when our time comes to an end, does it slowly go down like a sunset that I gaze at this very moment...?
My moment is now; and I will live it.
I will write about things I do not understand.
I have no fear of death for death is life's shadow.......
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lifes Moment by Jay Aguiniga )
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Beyond, Fabrizio Frosini
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- My One True Love, Leong Ming Loong
- For they were lovers each-other, Pijush Biswas
- Textology - 2. Exclamations, Joseph Archer
- Si boru puas si boru Bakkara, molu dung .., Mapung Madura
- I Wore The Fox, Naveed Akram
- Clearing the void, Phil's Writings
- The Treacherous Bride, Asaolu Abayomi
- Them, Tanja Henderson
- It is time for me to go home, Leong Ming Loong
- Forsaken For Your Sake, Asma Riaz Khan