What is life?
When I die will the love still linger in my soul?
Or will the memories of it drift, like an old portrait in an art museum.
The glamour once shinny in the eyes of the photographer, but now just faded in ours.
Will it become just another past moment long forgotten, caught in a priceless still.....?
Is our moment just a now...? only remembered by the ones who coexisted in our world of space.
Do we live to make our mark in life....? So we will be remembered, like how a river cuts through a canyon,
over the cliffs it has molded lies beyond what we don't know.
Is there a light at the end of the horizon?
Or when our time comes to an end, does it slowly go down like a sunset that I gaze at this very moment...?
My moment is now; and I will live it.
I will write about things I do not understand.
I have no fear of death for death is life's shadow.......
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lifes Moment by Jay Aguiniga )
- AK-47, Edward Kofi Louis
- Poem for Dwayne, Jenny Santiago
- Raschid, Edward Kofi Louis
- Cupcake capers, Roann Mendriq
- Dschamila, Edward Kofi Louis
- Scattered dreams, gajanan mishra
- The Glow on the Outback Hill, David Lewis Paget
- God's Kind of Poetry, Diane Hine
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)