What is life?
When I die will the love still linger in my soul?
Or will the memories of it drift, like an old portrait in an art museum.
The glamour once shinny in the eyes of the photographer, but now just faded in ours.
Will it become just another past moment long forgotten, caught in a priceless still.....?
Is our moment just a now...? only remembered by the ones who coexisted in our world of space.
Do we live to make our mark in life....? So we will be remembered, like how a river cuts through a canyon,
over the cliffs it has molded lies beyond what we don't know.
Is there a light at the end of the horizon?
Or when our time comes to an end, does it slowly go down like a sunset that I gaze at this very moment...?
My moment is now; and I will live it.
I will write about things I do not understand.
I have no fear of death for death is life's shadow.......
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lifes Moment by Jay Aguiniga )
- October Clouds, Michelle Claus
- 24 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 21 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 19 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 15 April 2014, Shri R Brahma
- because you doubted it, RIC S. BASTASA
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)