Life Was A Song You Would Sing
Life was a song you would sing
In your warm, beautiful way,
From the moment you first drew breath
Until your last mortal day.
Every morning you would rise,
Filled with hope, just as a bird,
And with an optimistic mind,
Make your way through the world.
Always a spring in your step,
You would walk, long and tall,
Singing a quiet song in your heart
Of life's joys, great and small.
There were times sorrow came,
When your heart yearned for peace,
But even then, not for one day
Did your melody cease.
Full eighty-seven years -
A blessed life - you were given;
At rest it seemed you were still singing -
As a pure angel of heaven.
Copyright Susy Evelyne,25 October 2013
Susy Evelyne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Was A Song You Would Sing by Susy Evelyne )
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal
- Before A Dream, Tony Adah
- Words Worn-Out, Birgitta Heikka
- Gift of love, ramesh rai
- Tides And Emotions., Marcondes Pereira
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam