Life Was A Song You Would Sing
Life was a song you would sing
In your warm, beautiful way,
From the moment you first drew breath
Until your last mortal day.
Every morning you would rise,
Filled with hope, just as a bird,
And with an optimistic mind,
Make your way through the world.
Always a spring in your step,
You would walk, long and tall,
Singing a quiet song in your heart
Of life's joys, great and small.
There were times sorrow came,
When your heart yearned for peace,
But even then, not for one day
Did your melody cease.
Full eighty-seven years -
A blessed life - you were given;
At rest it seemed you were still singing -
As a pure angel of heaven.
Copyright Susy Evelyne,25 October 2013
Susy Evelyne's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Was A Song You Would Sing by Susy Evelyne )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Repetition Compulsion Syndrome, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- ETC1, shuvo chakraborty
- Gamble with faith, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Brain is the link., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Fireworks Of Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sleep it away., Gary Hembree
- Adil Jussawalla The Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- It's Morning, Dr Ronnie Bai
- She and He, Dr Ronnie Bai
- My last regret, Eliza Clair