When the sky is cracked in light blue
And sun quivers its gilded rays
Revealing life’s secrets,
Please, firmly shut my eyes!
For what I've already known is enough.
Trepidation of more light and truth,
Made me addicted to the night;
With its pale beams and heavy silence
And tiredness coloring all its corners.
However, eye of the sun isn't merciful
And wherever you go or hide
It tracks your feeble steps stealthy,
Then shouts and re-echoes in all around.
While with shut eyes,
I am neither alive nor dead;
On a border line that I can never admit
Whether I've ever lived before,
Or in benightedness, my forthcoming days should be spent.
inas essa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life's secrets by inas essa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar