RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tears of dark emptiness fall slowly from my eyes,
each drop bringing with it a piece of my heart.
Soaked through with sorrow, my head hung limply
from my shoulders.
Sullenly forsaken in a drifting sense of space,
Falling lifeless onto the pile of inhumanity, life
lies open on the hearth of death.
Bleedingly fallen, never again to rise - never again
to see a new day's dawning beauty.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Mislaid by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Love has power, hasmukh amathalal
- Uneasy Rider, Diane Wakoski
- Perfect, Awkward Reality, Simon Quperlier
- The Photos, Diane Wakoski
- Thank You Dad, Damian Murphy
- Change Self Attitude and Find the World .., umaprosad das
- Lonely Is Me, Lilly Emery
- The Father of My Country, Diane Wakoski
- Life May Move, hasmukh amathalal
- Baby, You Are Poetry!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL