RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Tears of dark emptiness fall slowly from my eyes,
each drop bringing with it a piece of my heart.
Soaked through with sorrow, my head hung limply
from my shoulders.
Sullenly forsaken in a drifting sense of space,
Falling lifeless onto the pile of inhumanity, life
lies open on the hearth of death.
Bleedingly fallen, never again to rise - never again
to see a new day's dawning beauty.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Mislaid by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Silent Rebel (baby!), Fie KroC
- The Book Tree Forest, mary douglas
- My Grandfather in Broadmoor, Little Rock.., mary douglas
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas