Life Is Worth Living
The road before you stretches long and wide.
So journey on with pride.
At times you'll hit a slide.
The crusade can be wild.
Give it all you've got,
and you won't have lost.
The risks are great.
The fruits of your labor make the rewards even greater.
Life is worth living.
You've got to be strong.
Though it may seem a long way.
You'll find what you're looking for.
As you fight this war.
Remember who you are.
Treat all you meet with love and kindness.
Don't be discreet.
At the journeys end.
Your wounds will mend.
You can say your life depends.
Caring for all the big and small.
You'll have shown that adversity can't make you crawl.
So enjoy this life.
Get past all the strife.
It's worth all the experiences that you'll have.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Is Worth Living by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- It's an illusion, Gopikrishnan Nair