Michael P. McParland
Life Is Worth Living
The road before you stretches long and wide.
So journey on with pride.
At times you'll hit a slide.
The crusade can be wild.
Give it all you've got,
and you won't have lost.
The risks are great.
The fruits of your labor
make the rewards even greater.
Life is worth living.
You've got to be strong.
Though it may seem a long way.
You'll find what you're looking for.
As you fight this war.
Remember who you are.
Treat all you meet
with love and kindness.
Don't be discreet.
At the journeys end.
Your wounds will mend.
You can say your life depends.
Caring for all the big and small.
You'll have shown that
adversity can't make you crawl.
So enjoy this life.
Get past all the strife.
It's worth all the
experiences that you'll have.
Michael P. McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Is Worth Living by Michael P. McParland )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(6 January 1878 – 22 July 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- True Love, Robert Penn Warren
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
Poem of the Day
- Fruitless love, Nero CaroZiv
- Misunderstood, Madrason writer
- Do what father says, Madrason writer
- Placid Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Verzetsstrijders, Madrason writer
- Weke vaders, Madrason writer
- Disconnected, Madrason writer
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere