Life Is Worth Living
The road before you stretches long and wide.
So journey on with pride.
At times you'll hit a slide.
The crusade can be wild.
Give it all you've got,
and you won't have lost.
The risks are great.
The fruits of your labor make the rewards even greater.
Life is worth living.
You've got to be strong.
Though it may seem a long way.
You'll find what you're looking for.
As you fight this war.
Remember who you are.
Treat all you meet with love and kindness.
Don't be discreet.
At the journeys end.
Your wounds will mend.
You can say your life depends.
Caring for all the big and small.
You'll have shown that adversity can't make you crawl.
So enjoy this life.
Get past all the strife.
It's worth all the experiences that you'll have.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Is Worth Living by Michael McParland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Day Your Mother Kept For You, mary douglas
- Leaving For Okinawa In The Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Into Your Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- What You Thought I Thought You Thought, Dexsta Ray
- Cactus Flower, Midnights Voice
- Sacrifice, Nassy Fesharaki
- Keep your mind wide open, Petai Jirakongpipat
- THE MYTHS OF LIES, Satish Verma
- The Garage Sale Blues, Francie Lynch
- No Paper This Morning, Donal Mahoney