Life Is Worth Living
The road before you stretches long and wide.
So journey on with pride.
At times you'll hit a slide.
The crusade can be wild.
Give it all you've got,
and you won't have lost.
The risks are great.
The fruits of your labor make the rewards even greater.
Life is worth living.
You've got to be strong.
Though it may seem a long way.
You'll find what you're looking for.
As you fight this war.
Remember who you are.
Treat all you meet with love and kindness.
Don't be discreet.
At the journeys end.
Your wounds will mend.
You can say your life depends.
Caring for all the big and small.
You'll have shown that adversity can't make you crawl.
So enjoy this life.
Get past all the strife.
It's worth all the experiences that you'll have.
Michael McParland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Is Worth Living by Michael McParland )
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid