Strange is the life,
And strange are it's turns.
They seem so happy,
Inside everyone burns.
The scars of sorrow,
problems or misery
Marked on their hearts.
So many hurdles,
But yet life runs
Some happy, some sad,
Some living their dreams,
Filling their life with wonderful hues
Some broken hearted,
Making other's dream come true.
And yet some spoiling
themselves of sorrow
For their destiny seems so rude.
Yet everyone finds
a reason to smile,
A happiness for ever
from memories of a while
A smell of which
makes'em lead their life
So Why do we think
Only we are cursed.
Hearts of everyone here
have been burnt
And still they survive
Still they laugh
Still they play
Still they keep calm.
So we too got to learn
To lead our life
and happily survive
For Life is lovely dark and deep
Just wake up and live it to full,
Before our forever sleep.
Anubhav gupta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by Anubhav gupta )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- First Day at School, Roger McGough
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)