Let's End This War On Christmas
There's a war declared on Christmas
War on nativity
War on this festive season
And all things Christmassy.
No Christmas songs at Walmart
No carolers at night
No wish of 'Merry Christmas'
Christmas is sanitized.
No Christmas in the classroom
No Christmas now at work
What in the world will happen next,
No Christmases at church?
We're ashamed to share His story
With our children and our peers
For fear of being old fashioned
In this twenty first century.
Let's reclaim this Christmas season
With all it's hope and cheer
Let's end this war on Christmas
And keep it near and dear.
Let's greet with 'Merry Christmas'
In the stores and in the street
In the workplace and the office
To everyone we meet!
Louie Vetter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let's End This War On Christmas by Louie Vetter )
- The Power Of Love!, Edward Kofi Louis
- It Is Quite Sad (Part 2), Ronell Warren Alman
- Bubble burst no home no trust, Nalini Chaturvedi
- You Are, Edward Kofi Louis
- Missing sky, gajanan mishra
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Power Of Music, Sukumar Ray
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe