Let's End This War On Christmas
There's a war declared on Christmas
War on nativity
War on this festive season
And all things Christmassy.
No Christmas songs at Walmart
No carolers at night
No wish of 'Merry Christmas'
Christmas is sanitized.
No Christmas in the classroom
No Christmas now at work
What in the world will happen next,
No Christmases at church?
We're ashamed to share His story
With our children and our peers
For fear of being old fashioned
In this twenty first century.
Let's reclaim this Christmas season
With all it's hope and cheer
Let's end this war on Christmas
And keep it near and dear.
Let's greet with 'Merry Christmas'
In the stores and in the street
In the workplace and the office
To everyone we meet!
Louie Vetter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let's End This War On Christmas by Louie Vetter )
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns