Esther Aftab Anwer
Lesson From The Past!
I need to stand again
To get rid of this pain! !
I pushed my self down
When I was alone in town! !
Wish I did my thinking
To stop myself from sinking! !
Opportunity went time has passed
I thought forever it would last! !
It's a wake up call
From that ugly fall! !
Nothing stay forever neither does hard time
Think about the goal that always was so prime! !
It's never too late so recollect your goal
You have always been a star where you lost your role,
Show the world your come back
Think deep what was the real lack! !
Can't go back to rectify
Start again you qualify! !
You are ready for that new
Only lucky are a few! !
No room left for mistake
You are healed with that big shake! !
You are a source of learning
And this they say is your earning! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lesson From The Past! by Esther Aftab Anwer )
- Cuckold's Plea, Donal Mahoney
- Thrilling night, Sneha Celine
- Love Is Not A Feeling, Margaret Alice Second
- a symphony, Cee Bea
- one shouldn't, Neelapu Suresh
- Spring Wood, Knutsford: my place of play, Mark Heathcote
- Mrs. Ullrick, Akhtar Jawad
- See the Beauty of Heaven, Aftab Alam
- Changes after being In love, Sneha Celine
- The Tailor's Daughter - III (The Underw.., Chris Zachariou
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(9 February 1874 – 12 May 1925)