Esther Aftab Anwer
Lesson From The Past!
I need to stand again
To get rid of this pain! !
I pushed my self down
When I was alone in town! !
Wish I did my thinking
To stop myself from sinking! !
Opportunity went time has passed
I thought forever it would last! !
It's a wake up call
From that ugly fall! !
Nothing stay forever neither does hard time
Think about the goal that always was so prime! !
It's never too late so recollect your goal
You have always been a star where you lost your role,
Show the world your come back
Think deep what was the real lack! !
Can't go back to rectify
Start again you qualify! !
You are ready for that new
Only lucky are a few! !
No room left for mistake
You are healed with that big shake! !
You are a source of learning
And this they say is your earning! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lesson From The Past! by Esther Aftab Anwer )
- Our world is without any kind of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dream packed drama, hasmukh amathalal
- A fool واحد احمق, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Quite same, hasmukh amathalal
- Lack of wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Wisdom, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Exquisite Thing, Mark R. Elias
- Leaf to Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Strange Paradox, Sandra Feldman
- Celebrate Life, david kush
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)