Esther Aftab Anwer
Lesson From The Past!
I need to stand again
To get rid of this pain! !
I pushed my self down
When I was alone in town! !
Wish I did my thinking
To stop myself from sinking! !
Opportunity went time has passed
I thought forever it would last! !
It's a wake up call
From that ugly fall! !
Nothing stay forever neither does hard time
Think about the goal that always was so prime! !
It's never too late so recollect your goal
You have always been a star where you lost your role,
Show the world your come back
Think deep what was the real lack! !
Can't go back to rectify
Start again you qualify! !
You are ready for that new
Only lucky are a few! !
No room left for mistake
You are healed with that big shake! !
You are a source of learning
And this they say is your earning! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lesson From The Past! by Esther Aftab Anwer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1924 - 2000)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A drop fell on the apple tree, Emily Dickinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Grandma's Attic...(Prose), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Diana's Pool, Julyn Pride
- For My Pen, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- Villanelle: When countries slaughter mai.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Coywolf, Julyn Pride
- December Walk, Julyn Pride
- Conundrums Consequence..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Whats and Whats, Ibrahim Lawal Soro
- No Answers To Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock