Les Conforts du Temps Perdu (w. translation)
Tous les deux,
Et l'homme avant dans l'avenir,
Aiment le temps perdu.
Il dit merci,
A la Moyen Age.
A l'Age de l'Industrie.
Tous les deux, ils ont amour,
Pour les conforts du temps perdu.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Both love the past.
The one says
thanks to the Middle Ages,
thanks Industrial days.
The love that both of them share
Is for the comforts of the past.
Comments about this poem (Les Conforts du Temps Perdu (w. translation) by douglas scotney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter