Les Conforts du Temps Perdu (w. translation)
Tous les deux,
Et l'homme avant dans l'avenir,
Aiment le temps perdu.
Il dit merci,
A la Moyen Age.
A l'Age de l'Industrie.
Tous les deux, ils ont amour,
Pour les conforts du temps perdu.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Both love the past.
The one says
thanks to the Middle Ages,
thanks Industrial days.
The love that both of them share
Is for the comforts of the past.
Comments about this poem (Les Conforts du Temps Perdu (w. translation) by douglas scotney )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(August 5, 1934)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Snail I am, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Seurat, Ira Sadoff
- An Old Love, David Lewis Paget
- Social Awkwardness, Emily Liang
- Ode to My Hands, Tim Seibles
- Ode on My Episiotomy, Kimberly Johnson
- Teaghlach (Family), Ewen Morrison
- love so pure, love so true, kat tommany
- THE MIDDLE GROUND, Satish Verma
- bonds of friendship, kat tommany