Alan Bruce Thompson
We know that drinking’s bad and smoking too,
But from alcohol and tobacco we take in enormous revenue.
That gambling is catching and quite addictive to you,
Is no reason to close the casinos on cue?
The lottery induces people to throw away hard-earned cash,
Is hard to believe when a few win with a splash!
What most don’t know, and don’t tell them if you do,
Is that investment banking, is legalized gambling too!
Alan Bruce Thompson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Legalised Taxation by Alan Bruce Thompson )
- PRETTY THOUGHTS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- 如果爱是守候, qin xing
- Strife, Md. Asadullah
- 'MY FAMILY', paul fornillos
- ~ Eyes ~, Aparna Chatterjee
- The Panama Canal, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out At Pelletier's, Edgar Albert Guest
- Contrary Sary, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pixley Folks, Edgar Albert Guest
- Out In The Open, Edgar Albert Guest