Legacy of Nelson Mandela
Nelson Mandela, freedom's good,
Became the heart, the mind, the soul
Of freedom for all humanhood,
No obstacle to stop that goal,
Fighting for freedom, decades passed.
Impassioned, imprisoned and then
Empowered to give free at last.
Reminder to the world again
That just one spirit can ignite
The fire for freedom that will burn
Away the wrong in flames of right.
For such freedom, we all do yearn.
Nelson Mandela died today,
But lives forever freedom's way.
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Legacy of Nelson Mandela by Ima Ryma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The ruling of the king without proper go.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- The emptiness at the end of the sea, Tony French
- The Stripper, Phil Soar
- From here on in, Tony French
- No Need..., Mallika Achuthan Menon
- Driving Without Wings, Richard Allen Beevor
- AMONG THE RUINED INFRASTRUCTURE بين البن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Girl I Love, Phil Soar
- I've Found Love At last, Masereka Amos
- FOR A FATHER AND SON, Phil Soar