John Thorkild Ellison
Left On The Shelf
I'm looking for love but it's getting late,
I know I'm well past my sell-by date,
All I can offer is warmth and affection,
Hoping my failings will escape your detection! !
If you're dreaming of meeting Sylvester Stallone
Or 007 or some he-man clone
Or perhaps Johnny Depp or a filmstar hero,
Then I have to confess that my chances are zero! !
Consider me more as a cuddly bear
(You can laugh if you like but I don't care!)
I fully admit I'm past my best
Although I do have secrets that nobody's guessed.
The days of my youth have long since flown
And gentleness replaces testosterone,
If you want a companion then I'm just the ticket
But to pretend more than that just wouldn't be cricket! !
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left On The Shelf by John Thorkild Ellison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brewster's, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -48, Ronjoy Brahma
- Reign of Despair, Luca Menin
- Thoughts Of Prose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Her pride and honor, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -47, Ronjoy Brahma
- Blood Of Innocence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Carbon and Life, douglas scotney
- Good-night love, good morning too, Mandolyn ...
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -46, Ronjoy Brahma