Mac Adrone Adonay
I thought that she would love me
A sweet and cheerful lady
Now, how can I begin to write
My heart is deeply broken
Tears are the ink of my pen!
The nightingales of this night
Have ended their longing flight
How sad, they have no songs to sing
Their calm and soft voice turn shrill
Like the echoes 'round the hill.
Lady, how can I be merry
If you turn away from me?
You don't understand what I feel
For your heart and eyes were blind
You always left me behind.
Mac Adrone Adonay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left Behind by Mac Adrone Adonay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Raw Youth, Tiku akp
- A Song of Faith, Husna Amin
- can we be punky, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- The sense of the world, SALINI NAIR
- A sad story song lyric..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Nothing, Breanna Elwin
- Not yesterday, hasmukh amathalal
- Tortures, Breanna Elwin
- With her presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Arise And Participate, THOMAS TEMBO