Leaving a Mark on Life
I keep my eye on the sky because I want to aim high.
I don’t just let life pass me by.
I want to make my mark before I leave.
I want to give people something to read
Maybe some will see that I gave them a small piece of my life and they too will do the same.
Lend a helping hand or open a door or two.
It’s the small things that help you make it through. Leaving your mark is not that easy to do because nice people often finish last.
However, it’s the nice people that get to have a blast, so leave your mark but leave it with grace and care because you don’t want to leave something that others will have burdens to bare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving a Mark on Life by Jaclyn Brantley )
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal