Leaving a Mark on Life
I keep my eye on the sky because I want to aim high.
I don’t just let life pass me by.
I want to make my mark before I leave.
I want to give people something to read
Maybe some will see that I gave them a small piece of my life and they too will do the same.
Lend a helping hand or open a door or two.
It’s the small things that help you make it through. Leaving your mark is not that easy to do because nice people often finish last.
However, it’s the nice people that get to have a blast, so leave your mark but leave it with grace and care because you don’t want to leave something that others will have burdens to bare.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Leaving a Mark on Life by Jaclyn Brantley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Then and Now, John F. McCullagh
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle
- restored, Mandolyn ...
- Miley Cyrus Perceived as a Martyr, A.j. Binash
- love became living again, Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady