Learning to Listen. Not Possible?
A virgin whispered to me.
The air of their speech
Combined with my ear wax.
Rested on my cheek
As if it were a
Motivated by menthol.
I thought it was a secret.
All day strangers commented:
“You need to wink
To make it go away.”
“I am Adam
And my ribs hurt.”
I prayed for release.
In the morning
About a prominent suicide.
I went to the funeral.
The air was scented with gossip.
I tried to apologize.
But all the graves
Were decorated with flowers.
I was too distracted
By beautiful things.
To acknowledge anything else.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Learning to Listen. Not Possible? by A.j. Binash )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis