Learning to Listen. Not Possible?
A virgin whispered to me.
The air of their speech
Combined with my ear wax.
Rested on my cheek
As if it were a
Motivated by menthol.
I thought it was a secret.
All day strangers commented:
“You need to wink
To make it go away.”
“I am Adam
And my ribs hurt.”
I prayed for release.
In the morning
About a prominent suicide.
I went to the funeral.
The air was scented with gossip.
I tried to apologize.
But all the graves
Were decorated with flowers.
I was too distracted
By beautiful things.
To acknowledge anything else.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Learning to Listen. Not Possible? by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Beauty Of Another Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Resilience, Skyline's Vermillion Intermi.., Ryan Scales
- strayed desires, Asma Riaz Khan
- Kill me............, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Let me salute you, gajanan mishra
- Life is Beautiful, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- Changing Landscapes Of Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- should i add this to our Irish stew?, Mandolyn ...
- Reflections, Nero CaroZiv
- The shadow in my garden, Piyush Dey