The mirror's image was a thought and wraith
their solemn instances to reproduce
Fall's auburn pictures where recited faith
in humbleness became a leaf obtuse.
Her face transformed to anamorphic field
where solitude created eft her smile,
and irrevocably the season sealed
their song the ferns had sung on dreamers' aisle.
The train advanced where its repeated thud
exchanged the distant lights with night's dark glance
was their embellished symphony's ballade
- abandoned synthesis and festal dance.
Evanescent the train surpassed his stare
- befalling were the drops like vows of ne'er.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Leaf Obtuse by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton