The mirror's image was a thought and wraith
their solemn instances to reproduce
Fall's auburn pictures where recited faith
in humbleness became a leaf obtuse.
Her face transformed to anamorphic field
where solitude created eft her smile,
and irrevocably the season sealed
their song the ferns had sung on dreamers' aisle.
The train advanced where its repeated thud
exchanged the distant lights with night's dark glance
was their embellished symphony's ballade
- abandoned synthesis and festal dance.
Evanescent the train surpassed his stare
- befalling were the drops like vows of ne'er.
Giorgio Venetopoulos's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Leaf Obtuse by Giorgio Venetopoulos )
- Going to persons who don't have generous.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- AM I A MOUTHPIECE?, M.D Dinesh Nair
- The Moon, Phil Soar
- They Got Tired لقد تعبوا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The first time, Cigeng Zhang
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis