Giorgio A. V.
The mirror's image was a thought and wraith
their solemn instances to reproduce
Fall's auburn pictures where recited faith
in humbleness became a leaf obtuse.
Her face transformed to anamorphic field
where solitude created eft her smile,
and irrevocably the season sealed
their song the ferns had sung on dreamers' aisle.
The train advanced where its repeated thud
exchanged the distant lights with night's dark glance
was their embellished symphony's ballade
- abandoned synthesis and festal dance.
Evanescent the train surpassed his stare
- befalling were the drops like vows of ne'er.
Giorgio A. V.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Leaf Obtuse by Giorgio A. V. )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Exercises Of The Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Accounting For Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poetry, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Best Is To Forget, Shalom Freedman
- Esta noche, Sergio Jaime
- My Pen Is Happy, King Happy
- All of The Above, King Happy
- In a Minute, King Happy
- Knowing and accepting, gajanan mishra
- Lady of Enigma, NimmyMAry Kurian