Lead Me With Your Shepherd's Hands
Blessed is He who thwarts my power,
Leaving me weak because of my strength.
He does not let the enemy devour,
Me though I suffer at a length.
He taught me, a stubborn mule,
That His ways are best, tried, and true.
He loved me, a thoughtful fool,
And tamed my mind to think anew.
I desire now friendship with Him alone,
And His blessing on my life has been shown.
He led me from darkness and the cave of dread,
At last rest comes when I lay down my head.
I pray now His presence I would not foolishly leave,
And my heart I would not wear on my sleeve.
Lord teach me to accept things on Your time,
And not worship girls, or fame, or the dime.
Lead me on with Your Shepherd's hands,
Lead me to Your promised lands.
To know You and Love You is now my desire,
Allow not the world to quench this fire.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lead Me With Your Shepherd's Hands by Andrew Hinton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.