Lazy Carder Bee
Mom says we're carder bees becuz
We're s'posed to card (or comb) plant blooms,
To get a bunch of fiber fuzz
To build the walls around the rooms
Of what Mom calls the bee all home,
Hidden away in some dull place.
I bee too busy to card (comb) .
I tell Mom that I need my space,
I need to fly and not be tied
To a mother's fuzz apron strings.
Mad Mom takes aim at my backside,
So I take off before she stings.
As I buzz off, Mom yells at me,
'You're one worthless son of a bee.'
Ima Ryma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lazy Carder Bee by Ima Ryma )
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard