Laughter is what i am after.
Jokes were made.
Funny people not paid,
Laughter I'm your maid.
Behind you I'm laid.
I harm not my birth,
Behold oh death.
For protected is my breathe.
And if doubt be with you confirm my health.
Ring not the bells
For I hate yells.
I need not much.
Laughter is what I am after.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Laughter is what i am after. by Brandon Nyandoro )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Democracy, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou