Late For School
People running in such a hurry.
Snow falling in sudden flurry.
People running against time.
They are all pushing.
I slip. I fall.
I am full of grime.
I pick myself up and start to run,
going towards something supposed to be fun.
We all load up.
We don't know who's supposed to go in who's car.
After a time of pushing and shoving,
but all still loving,
we settle on our way,
finally past the hardships of morning day.
Danya Qattea's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Late For School by Danya Qattea )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- life without you, kiranjot kaur thiara