Thanks for last night.
For once I awoke and felt whole.
Not that we’ll ever be together again
Only time holds the answer to that question
And time can be so mischievous.
There was a certain closure.
My giving you your Valentine Poems,
Our being able to be comfortable together
Joke, laugh and enjoy whatever it is
We have together and not feel the bleeding
Tenseness’ that always left me empty
As I, perhaps more than you, tried to understand
And deal with my feelings.
There’s a certain honesty about you that I admire
On one hand and deplore on the other.
It’s you, and it’s one of your most endearing qualities,
A quality you have almost to a flaw.
Sometimes in our conversation
I feel like we’re walking through an English garden
And all of a sudden we stop
And we’re staring down into a deep abyss
Where one step more would mean death.
I guess we like taking things to the edge
And together standing there
Staring into the primordial emptiness that’s life.
Is this the basis for a relationship? Perhaps,
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last Night by Robert Leary )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Love Your Neighbor, Roxanne Dubarry
- Hidden Voice, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Francine, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The face of a young woman in pink, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Segundas/Sobre reudas, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Snail Talk for Rosemary, Daniel Brick
- Dear Greg, Roxanne Dubarry
- Rosy flower, hasmukh amathalal
- Ideas, gajanan mishra
- Clad in Stars, Steven Rhoads