RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Wondering what that very last moment of life is like.
What do we see? Hear? Feel?
Does our brain register the fact that we are dying?
Or do we just go quietly from life to death without
even realizing it?
So many unanswered questions, it seems to be scary,
yet, it's not.
Does our mind just shut down? Does it go on thinking
until our last breath or on another dimension?
Where does our exact life go? Does our soul take
over at the moment of death so that we feel nothing
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Last Moment by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Drop In The Bucket, Michael P. McParland
- I Am Nobody......, Michael P. McParland
- Who to forgive., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Right Next To Me, Michael P. McParland
- Uski yaade, Thakur Jain
- Hurting, Jamila M.K.Hussen
- Little girl, Amal Ahmed
- Weeping Heart, Michael P. McParland
- The Bluff-masters As Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God was born, devon da poet